Hey Ladies! I wanted to share with you something that continues to challenge me every time I read it. This Heart Check really gives you an idea of where your heart is when it comes to your time, appearance, and money. One thing that has proven to be helpful is to hang it in my closet–try it as a daily reminder when you need to refocus on who and what you are worshiping!
Heart Check by Carolyn Mahaney
1. Do I spend more time daily caring for my personal appearance than I do in Bible Study, prayer, and worship?
2. Do I spend excessive money on clothes, hair, and makeup, or is it an amount that is God-honoring?
3. Do I want to lose weight to “feel better about myself,” or do I desire to be self-disciplined for the glory of God?
4. Am I on a quest for thinness to impress others, or do I seek to cultivate eating habits that honor God?
5. Do I exercise to try to create or maintain a “good figure,” or do I exercise to strengthen my body for God’s service?
6. Is there anything about my appearance that I wish I could change, or am I fully grateful to God for the way He created me?
7. Am I jealous of the appearance of others, or am I truly glad when I observe other women who are more physically attractive than I?
8. Do I covet the wardrobe of others, or do I genuinely rejoice when other women are able to afford and purchase new clothing?
9. When I attend an event or activity, do I sinfully compare myself with others, or do I go asking God to show me whom to love and how to do it?
10. Do I ever dress immodestly or with intent of drawing attention to myself, or do I always dress in a manner that pleases God?